Earth Day is April 22nd, 2022
Here are a few fun activities you can do with your kids to celebrate earthday
1. Connect with Nature
Earth day is a geat day to go walk a trail and connect with nature. Take in all the sights and learn a little about the plants and animals that are native to your area.
2. Create a Hanging Planter
3. Build an insect hotel
This is a favorite among young children. All you need are materials you’ll find around the home. You can even recycle some trash while you are at it.
You can use
- Sticks and twigs you find on the ground
- Tree bark
- A large plastic bottle
- Other outdoors elements your kids want to add
What to do:
- This can be made with or without the plastic bottle. If you choose to use the bottle, cut the bottle into two pieces to form separated cylinders. Remove the top and bottom pieces.
- Put twigs, branches and pine cone pieces inside each bottle or your small designated outdoor area which you can line with rocks or twigs, if you don't use a bottle. You may need to snap the twigs to shorten them.
- Then, hang outside to allow bugs to enjoy their new home.
4. Learn how to compost
5. Learn about recycling
Visit a recycling center and learn about recycling.